DIY balanced line converter with bassis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It appears the Marchand has blown off my order for a Bassis board and parts kit, oh well:rolleyes:

In light of that I'm here to ask for guidance on producing a couple different modules

1: A Sallen Key filter based LFE EQ unit with feature set of the Bassis with some extra features and adjust ability. I want selectable, adjustable, defeat-able 12/18 dB per octave HPF with adjustable Q. And balanced output that's robust enough to handle driving several amp inputs in the normal Pro amp daisy chained(parallel) configuration.

2: A high quality balanced line converter for use with AVR pre outs, I'd like to have some switch or jumper selectable gain options like unity, 3, &6 dB gain

Ideally I'd like to do the modules in such a way that you could pack enough of them into a 1 RU(preferably) enclosure to handle an 8.2 AVR setup. The idea that comes to mind is a vertical oriented PCB with a RCA in on one side and an PCB mount XLR out on the reverse.

TIA for taking the time to look this over :)

Fire away :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.