Proton 930

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I put a post up in Solid state and figure this is a better place for it. I am was looking to know if someone could help out with a service manual for a Proton 930 receiver. Looks that I have a couple bad components. If anyone can help out it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
M

I know this thread is two years old, but hopefully dshambala or whoever found the manual for him is still around and may be pinged on the thread update. I have a Proton 930 whose amp works (the RCA jacks labeled "MAIN" bypass the preamp and work fine) but whose input/control stage (switching between inputs, AM/FM, tone and volume controls etc) won't pass sound, just an occasional loud crackle as I fiddle with the rheostats.

Is anyone willing to share the schematics/repair manual with me?
I found the schematics to the Proton D940 in another thread here and will try to use those if I need to.

Also, can anyone familiar with Proton or NAD amps tell me where I might begin in troubleshooting this?

I may repost this as a new thread if this goes unseen.

Really looking forward to getting this classic amp working again and pairing it with some nice bookshelf speakers. Also, I'm new to diyAudio and am excited about the community.

Thanks!
GarageSale

May not be the cause, but the jacks in the rear are hardmounted to the pcb and the solder joints there have been the cause of a number of issues. Could be fiddling with the switch is making an intermittent contact back there and the problem is not necessarily the switch, though those could also be pcb mounted. Anyway, try refreshing all that solder.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.