Rane AC22B Crossover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello forum, is there anybody able to help me source a quad op-amp for my faulty Rane active crossover. ? It uses a JRC device, namely a NJM2059D which unfortunately is now out of production.
There are many thousands still left available from component sourcing companies however the minimum order i can purchase is 50 and at 3-4 pounds each this far outweighs the value of the Rane unit.
Wondered if anybody has 2 of these op-amps going spare that they could sell me ?

Thanks folks,

Hi Eva, i am nervous of changing the op amp for LM as the components around NJM2059D amp are extremely close values and strange values too, ie 9.09k and 23.7k etc (see rane schematic on website)

I think if the LM has different gain etc this will alter things as the NJM2059D does input level as well as sub sonic filter and part of crossover circuit too.

Don't realy know as i just get by doing basic repairs using multimeter and simple tests on my own audio gear.

Utsource.com will post worldwwide and have original parts, anybody sourced from them before ?

Does the schematic specify 1% resistors? I find it hard to believe they do. We have a lot of Rane gear at work and I wouldn't exactly call it "high-end" or "esoteric". It's often referred to as "Rain" as in "It sounds like Rain" as that's what the noise floor sounds like in much of it.

Yeah it is noisy compared to what i use for my own rig, i have XTA DP226 on FOH and DP224 on Martin monitors, this Rane unit is a freind's who asked me to look at it for him.
Basically there is more output from one channel than the other, both lo and hi outputs on channel 1 are lower than on channel 2 with equal pink noise input to both channels. Passives are ok so i presume only input op amp left to eliminate. Outputs from both channels are not distorted with program music played through unit.

Any thoughts other forum users ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.