Eagle soldermask request

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,

First of all, I'm not sure this is the right forum to post my message; please moderator move it in the right place, if needed.

Well, I'm developing a PCB with Eagle 5.2 for a Nelson Pass Aleph Mini clone, the board will be finished with a green solder mask on the solder layer; what I'd like is to exclude some route from the solder mask, in manner I can then cover them with tin alloy solder and increase in this way the section and the thermal capacity.
So the question is: is there a way I can leave those route out from the solder mask, leaving in the same time all the rest of the circuit "masked"?
I suppose I can draw some polygon or whatever else manually on some layer, but I have no idea how to do it.

Thank you in advance.

Ciao,
Giovanni

croccodillo said:
Hello all,

First of all, I'm not sure this is the right forum to post my message; please moderator move it in the right place, if needed.

Well, I'm developing a PCB with Eagle 5.2 for a Nelson Pass Aleph Mini clone, the board will be finished with a green solder mask on the solder layer; what I'd like is to exclude some route from the solder mask, in manner I can then cover them with tin alloy solder and increase in this way the section and the thermal capacity.
So the question is: is there a way I can leave those route out from the solder mask, leaving in the same time all the rest of the circuit "masked"?
I suppose I can draw some polygon or whatever else manually on some layer, but I have no idea how to do it.

Thank you in advance.

Ciao,
Giovanni

change the layer of the route you want to leave out of soldermask, when generating gerber data select this layer in solder side and unselect for solder stop mask.

Thank you very much for the answer.

Another question:
Is there a way to draw a cut line? I mean, I drawn a board, "panelized" it with a script and then made a copy (cut and paste) in manner to have two separate, identical boards on the same panel.
It worked fine, but I'd like to know if I can add a V cut line between the two boards, in manner my supplier machine the groove and I can take apart the two boards easily from the panel.

Thank you in advance,
Giovanni

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.