Switching power supply inside NAD S170 (110V to 220V)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi
I have just buy NAD S170 preamp made for USA market. The thing is that I live in Europe so there is difference in 220/110V.
The power supply inside NAD S170 is switching type.

Now since its Saturday I can send email to NAD but will not get replay before Monday or Tuesday. And once I receive replay they will probably tell me to contact authorized NAD service in Croatia...and that would take another couple days for replay.

So does any one have some experience with NAD switching power supply, does it operate from 110V to 220V? (It does not really meter if I plug it on 110V or 220V, the only difference is in fuses?)

I got one suggestion that I can place variac and slowly incise voltage from 110V and monitor what I will get on the out put.

Or I can simply buy those 220V to 110V converters. (But it would look ugly ;-))

Any info would be great

Thanks

P.S. I have service manual but it doesn't mention nothing abot power suplay ...here is link to it http://rapidshare.com/files/159392344/S_170_Service_Manual.zip.html

Hi, I'm expecting to receive al NAD s170 US 120/60 version, but also planning to use it in Europe. Was wondering how things worked with your s170? Are you using a transformator/coverter or is it possible to alter things internally?! Also expecting an US s250 :p

Many thanks,

Steven

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.