2sk135 2sj50 - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th December 2003, 03:13 AM   #31
diyAudio Member

All TO3 have magnetic leads.

Isn't that to worry about if one goes for the nonmagnetic resistors everywhere ?
Old 27th December 2003, 10:25 AM   #32
diyAudio Member

well,

you'll have to solder the nonmagnetic resistors instead of just letting the leads attract eachother

william
Old 28th December 2003, 05:53 AM   #33
diyAudio Member

Lightbulb Densen

you wrote:
All TO3 have magnetic leads.

Isn't that to worry about if one goes for the nonmagnetic resistors everywhere ?

Well i guesss it is:-((
But then there's the Densen-cd,it will demagnitize your whole system,and youre worries will go away once you heard the differance between you're old system against the new cleaned one....do you see the light?
Old 31st December 2003, 03:34 AM   #34
KBK is offline KBK  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default New Equivalents!

I belive the company EXICON is now manufacturing/ selling exact replacements for the Hitachi J49.....J56/K134....K176 MOS-FET series. Finally back in print again!

I'm of the cliff without a bicycle here.. I had the bad sense to buy a mint Counterpoint SA-220 amplifier (about $500cdn!! couldn't resist!!), but.. it has the IRF 9241/RF M10N15 FET tranistors in it.

Apparently there is no replacement............

Does anyone know about these puppies?
Old 29th July 2010, 06:19 PM   #35
diyAudio Member

Default Old amplifier built around 1981-82

Quote:
Originally Posted by peranders View Post
Lot's of guys here (including myself) have built amps with K135/J50 so if you want some input ask.

Hi Per,

I know it's a long time ago, but try to ask you anyway.

Working with valves one old amplifier with SJ50/SK135 turns up in the memory all the time. I have bought 8 pairs of mentioned Hitachi's mosfets. I attach a copy of the old circuit - it sounds very good and I just want to hear your opinion of the schematic.

Thanks
Kim, Denmark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mitronic 2.jpg (213.7 KB, 276 views)
Old 29th July 2010, 06:41 PM   #36
Mooly is online now Mooly  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator

It looks to be a variation of the old Hitachi application notes... there were many offerings at the time and kits too.

I'm a huge fan of Laterals
If you like the musical sound many good valve amps produce then have a look at this one of mine as well,
My MOSFET amplifier designed for music.

Here's the Hitachi variation as an old Maplin kit... this had a real following at the time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg maplin amp.JPG (105.5 KB, 261 views)
Old 1st August 2010, 09:05 AM   #37
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooly View Post
It looks to be a variation of the old Hitachi application notes... there were many offerings at the time and kits too.

I'm a huge fan of Laterals
If you like the musical sound many good valve amps produce then have a look at this one of mine as well,
My MOSFET amplifier designed for music.

Here's the Hitachi variation as an old Maplin kit... this had a real following at the time.
I have looked at the schematic of your mosfet amp. Looks good and symmetrical to me - with rails of +-45Vdc and servo feedback - I am not audio engineer.
My friend is and he claims that: 1. power fets should be driven with stronger drivers than expected. 2 He do not like power fets because of the different act of N and P fets.
I say : I like like the mid-and highrange sound better from mosfets than bipolar, but would like to have a little better attack in the low frequence area.
I have tried with +-45Vdc on the attached schematic of mine but I reached better control of the 12" woofer with +-70Vdc on the double pair Hitachi 2SJ50/2SK135.
I have found ( for me) the best sound in midrange and highrange in L58A with the sj44/sk163 but lack of control because of only one pair 34/149 powerfets.
The intention is to make the Luxman drivercurcuit with a doublepair powerfets. It is hard to find the sj44/sk163 today.

I think that the BF760/BF757 in my circuit drives the powerfets very good - one might find better drivers today than the old Motorola types.

rgds.
Old 1st August 2010, 09:30 AM   #38
diyAudio Member

Default 2sk227/2sj83

Quote:
Originally Posted by megajocke View Post
Does anyone know anything more about these transistors? They seem to be similar to 2SK135/2SJ50. I can't find any datasheets.

2SK227: 160V, 7A, 100W
2SJ83: 160V, 7A, 100W
7 years too late!!

The mentioned powerfets from Hitachi was used in 1981-1983 by a danish company in a 100w mosfet amplifier. Compared to 2SJ50/2SK135 they messured better in the same aplication - Hitachi told them to be identical to 50/135 but we could not get any datasheets from the factory at that time!

I have 3 pdf. files with specs for 2SK227/2SJ83.

rgds.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf datasheet.pdf (107.0 KB, 55 views)
File Type: pdf datasheet-1.pdf (45.3 KB, 44 views)
File Type: pdf datasheet-2.pdf (111.1 KB, 40 views)
Old 1st August 2010, 02:22 PM   #39
diyAudio Member

The soundcraftsmen amps use the K135/J50 pairs and they are still a fav. not the best i have heard but there is something about them that is very listenable.
Old 2nd August 2010, 08:20 AM   #40
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Cool View Post
The soundcraftsmen amps use the K135/J50 pairs and they are still a fav. not the best i have heard but there is something about them that is very listenable.
Have never heard "The Soundcraftsmen" mosfet amplifier. I have ones tried with the Borberly drivercircuit without luck and buz900/905. I do have in mind that the buzīs did not sound like the original Hitachi's - might be wrong on this one.( have bought 16 pcs of the original)
Still find the erlier attached circuit as one of the better mosfet amplifers. Is it possible to attach the Soundcraftmen schematic?

Rgds.

Hide this!Advertise here!