Strange (to me) resistor schematic markings

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm no noob when it comes to electronics; been building and repairing stuff, sometimes professionally, since the '70s. But I just came across a schematic with resistor values I don't quite understand. The schematic has the usual "k" and "m" marks, ie: 47k and 1m. But there's one that's marked 120E. Could that be ohms? (in what language?) It's definitely a resistor because it's labeled 'R6' similar to the others in the circuit.
Like I said, I've been around, but this is a new one on me. I'd appreciate any info anyone might have.
Thanks,
Ken

SY said:
E is exactly equivalent to R. I think it's related to the designation for resistor series, e.g., E6, E12...

Ok, so what does 'R' indicate? The "E" came after the value like this: 120E

I'll read up on the series designation angle and try to get an idea of what they're saying.

Here's the problem:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Thanks for the link, litezoner, but I didn't see anything there about the "E" designation. However, I did bookmark the site. Looks useful!

Thanks guys.

If anyone can tell me what this value is . . . (I just know I'm going to feel stupid. :xeye: )

Ken

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.