Fat 976 pages Opamp book by Walt Jung, anyone who knows something about it?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've got it

It's nothing, IMHO, like the IC op-amp cookbook (well apart from the fact it has a few op-amps in it) ;)

It's a book that's had me reading it from virtually cover to cover several times.

There's a huge amount of information relevant to audio here, even in the non-audio sections. Some excellent basics on circuit design, PCB layout, component choice, error sources and budgets, sensor conditioning and measurement, thermal effects, component imprefections etc. etc.

A big, and unique in my experience, section on the historical development of op-amps, from their thermionic roots (seriously!) through to the modern day, with significant detail of the topological and process changes that giive us todays devices.

Walt's usual collection of interesting circuits from his own pen and those of his wide historical connections. Phono stages, buffer amps, line drivers / receivers, CD reconstruction filters, driving capacitive loads etc - it's all here in a concise, readable clear format.

Have I convinced you ;)

Buy it, I promise you will not regret it, unless you already know it all.

Andy.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.