How To Use My O-Scope for Audio Measurements

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Largely due to members touting the value of having a Tek scope in a previous thread I started herein (back in 10/2007, time flies), I have finally scored a respectable unit, a Tektronix Model 475. $125. It came with Kikusui 9023 probes (1:1) and a Probe Master Series 4900 Basic Probe Kit. Unfortunately, no model number or any other type of identifier on the 4900, anyone know how to determine its attenuation?

Anyway, I'm ready to start taking measurements, the basic stuff, like amplifier power, distortion, etc. Are there any good tutorials out there specific to these types of measurements that might have a simple step by step for a newbie?

"Building Valve Amplifiers," Morgan Jones. Audio-specific guide to using your scope, and of course, a whole lot more.

There's a Tektronix guide to using oscilloscopes drifting around the web somewhere. A little searching should turn it up. It's not audio-specific, but it's very comprehensive.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.