NAD CD Player

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Having some mechanical opening-closing issues with my NAD C521 CD source. Can anyone recommend a good place to buy minor replacement parts for the "CD Mechanism"?

Or tell me the model and make of the CD Mechanism for this model so I can replace the whole thing?

Thanks

Hi,
Plastic compounds vary so much that it is difficult to recommend a suitable lube. The wrong lube can attack plastics over time!!.....however, a lithium based grease is commonly used on such parts but get the light duty stuff.....not the heavy - car spray grease type.

As far as the belts are concerned.....I've had great results over the years by soaking them overnight in washing up liquid then rinse and dry thorougly. This seems to rejuvenate them brilliantly!....however, there is really no substitute for new parts.
Try www.cpc.co.uk.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.