this 22K trim pot

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A while ago, a rammed a screw through the laser offset adjust pot on my old Philips CDP. I left it at a shop (I don't have a scope to adjust the pot), but they were evidently unable to find a replacement for the part. They also thought standing a new pot on jumpers might be a compromise. I asked for the CDP back, figuring I'll find something, toss it in, and see if I can adjust it by ear. It is a 22K single turn pot, and the schematic claims .05W. It looks identical too the brown top pot below (a 4.7k from surplus sales).

I've seen a few folks sell a very similar looking pot (somebody had an identical one, can't recall who, the rest are newer looking) as a replacement bias pot for a Marshall amplifier. One from AES is pictured below. These all seem to be rated .5W rather than .05W. Is there any reason they wouldn't work?

pj

Attachments

• rcv-167-4-7k.jpg
    rcv-167-4-7k.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 77
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.