Music to light modulator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm looking to make some lights that react to the music (not move, just turn on and off). I would want some lights for the bass and some for treble.

Here is a little circuit that changes light to sound, but I can't change whether it is effected by bass or treble. LINK

So my plan is to buy 2 of those and then somehow (hopefully simple) control tone.

I could hook one of these to the bass output on my amp, and the other to my main output (or even use an extra amp with the treble turned way up and the bass turned way down), but it seems like there showed be some cheap circuit to do this.

I would hook up cheap halogen colored 120v lights to it, and my goal is to have it cost about $50 or less.

I was hoping there would be some cheap in-line control for headphones that would let someone control volume, bass, and treble.

Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.