Who make the best 10,000uf capacitors - Page 10 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th December 2008, 07:16 AM   #91
diyAudio Member

Branded "Marcon"
PWM2A1J333
33000uF
63WV 79SV
+85C
OF21A

Big tapped screw terminals
OK what can I do with them if they are OK???
Old 16th December 2008, 08:29 AM   #92
poynton is offline poynton  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Location: A life on the ocean waves when I'm not at home in N. Wales (but I'm not Welsh so no sheep jokes!)
I would say BHC Slit Foil 10,000uF @ 63v

But that is only because I have some for sale !

Andy
Old 23rd December 2008, 08:47 PM   #93
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jameshillj
Mundorf, the M-lytics have a much heavier sound that perhaps makes it seem rather slow in the general comparison.
HI this are for HC model ??
Old 24th December 2008, 03:43 AM   #94
diyAudio Member

Default Mundorf Mlytic "HC"

Yes Nicoh,

The small 22,000/50v Mlytic caps - I should add that the larger uf size does change the sound - a bit slower, in fact.

To put them in perspective, the BHC Slit Foil (and T-Netwoks too) are a bit "thin" in the base, in comparison - I think this adds to their very clear sound and this is extremely useful as you can "mix/match" to get a particular sound that you want BEFORE any regulators and further circuitry.

Now, some people are looking for a heavier sound of supply to match the rest of their system and others that are looking for just the the opposite - also, the use of a series choke, rather than a resistor, between the 2 caps will produce a different result.

As has been mentioned before here, the Epcos B41550/70 Sikorels seem to "have it all" - but not cheap.

I don't know if you have noticed but Matt Campbell of the "AudioCap Co." has stock of the F&T branded Mlytic and Jensen equivalents at very attractive prices (factory direct) and is also looking for interest in a bulk purchase of the Jensen 4 pole caps, again at very attractive prices.

He has also made some initial enquiries about some of the 10,000/63V Epcos Sikorels (the B41550 ones) and may offer the same deal of a forward shared bulk purchase that may make them "more affordable".
Old 24th December 2008, 04:28 AM   #95
lms is offline lms  Micronesia
diyAudio Member

Marcon was a division of Toshiba, if rubber seals are ok follow same instuction as given for Siemens above, should be ok
Old 24th December 2008, 11:35 AM   #96
diyAudio Member

HI jameshillj , thanks a lot

Merry Christmas
Old 19th March 2009, 11:45 PM   #97
diyAudio Member

Default EPCOS Sikorel B41554 US Supplier?

I am looking for an EPCOS Sikorel B41554 US Supplier.

Help??

Chris
Old 23rd March 2009, 02:45 AM   #98
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by thanh1973

One mans opinion is as good as anothers.
This idea is one that I rank among the worst ever conceived in the history of homo sapiens.
Old 25th March 2009, 10:16 PM   #99
diyAudio Member

Default BHC/Aerovox/DNM T-Network Caps

With apologies to those who've been waiting on availability of the four-pole F&T's (which have been delayed for a month or two while the Euro calms down), I thought that you'd be keen to know that we finally (after four months of waiting) received stock of BHC/Aerovox/DNM T-Network 10,000uF @ 100V (ALN20S1108DF).
Part are listed on the shop.

In order to justify this shameless piece of self-promotion, and because I'm in a generous mood, members of diyAudio.com can get these parts half-price (which is 21.25 each).

Enter "diytnetwork" in the coupon code box at checkout to get this price. Free postage type stuff still applies/ 1st-come-1st-served/while-stocks-last/yada-yada-yada..... AND OFFER ENDS MIDNIGHT SUNDAY ('cos then it's a new tax year!) Feel free to share this offer round with all-and-sundry!

PS If anyone thinks I shouldn't be posting this here, and should get my own commercial thread, I fully agree. But despite repeated attempts to contact ANYONE to pay $100 to, I have failed. Any help would be much appreciated....
Old 26th March 2009, 12:00 AM   #100
back is offline back  Greece
diyAudio Member

anybody know if epcos b41560,b41580 are any good?

the specs looks good and they are much cheaper than sikorels.

Hide this!Advertise here!