Who make the best 10,000uf capacitors

WHO MAKE THE BEST 10,000uf CAPACITORS

Ived listened to a few over the years
Nichicon Muse KG 10,000uf 63v, Panasonic TS-UP 10,000 uf 100v, Evox Rifa PEH-169 10,000uf 63v, Panasonic TS-UQ
ELNA Cerafine (discontinued) 10,000 uf

Ive listened for hours to each of these in the same amp 2 months +, 4 months for the pannies, and 4 for the cerafine also. These are all excellent sounding, I especially like the bass of the Nichicon, but they are all very good in comparison to a lot of other Caps that I've listened TO (MANY). Still I've never gotten a chance to hear The Rubycon Black Gate or the Sikorels but from what I've read a lot of people hold them in high regards. By the way the Nichicon is what Ive settled with for now.
REGARDS

I have had the T-Network and SlitFoil caps from DNM Audio (see post 61 fror link) for about a month and they are without doubt the clearest and most accurate supply caps that I've used. Like most of the good caps, they DO take over 50 hrs for some base, and about 200 hrs to come good.
In comparison to the Siemens GC series (B41455, etc) with BG-F bipass, the DNM caps are quite superior in every way, but, as Jacco has indicated, the Sikorels (B41550) are a better cap to these.
Jensen 4 pole? Peter Daniels uses them and that's a pretty good recommendation - not cheap.
The BlackGates are just too expensive - According to Mundorf, the M-lytics were going to replace the BGs but have a much heavier sound that perhaps makes it seem rather slow in the general comparison.

There has been some mention of amp power supplies (not just preamps) with NO electros in them - an intriguing idea - I'd like to know more about this.

Mundorf & Jenson Electrolytics

I've seen some crazy prices on his thread.... WOW!

I found out the other week, whilst visiting their factory, that Fischer & Tausche (F&T) make the Mundorf Mlytics and the Jensen electrolytics (not sure if this includes the 4poles, but I think so).

Anyway, F&T's own brand electrolytics are therefore exactly the same part without the rebadging, and are way, way cheaper than $40 each at 10,000uF / 63V:

F&T electrolytic capacitors specially designed for hifi application
with low ESR and low Inductance:

SI10306335040: 10.000 µF ± 20% 63 V
Diameter : 35 mm length : 40 mm
Snap in, Pitch 10mm , Insulated , RoHS compliant Made in Germany , Standard F&T Printing
$/each 6.40

SI103005030040
10.000 µF ± 20% 50 V
Diameter : 30 mm length : 40 mm
Snap in, Pitch 10mm , Insulated , RoHS compliant Made in Germany , Standard F&T Printing
$/each 6.39

SI68205025040
6.800 µF ± 20% 50 V
Diameter : 25 mm length : 40 mm
$/each 5.21

Because they're the manufacturer, MOQ's are sometimes a problem, but might be worth considering for a group buy....

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
Warning neophyte query

I'd like to ask about NOS
If a capacitor was made by a good factory and stored correctly but is over ten (10 ) years old, how would I know if they were any good??
I ask because I thought I would take my speaker buliding to the next level and build amplifiers as well; and bought some NOS at a local swap meet ( OK!!OK! don't laugh)
I have sitting here 6 off, 33000uF 63Volt caps, and while I have stored them in stable cool dry conditions I have o course no knowledge of the previous storage history.
Is there an easy way to test them???
Electronics is NOT my strong point, I'll stick to building speakers

There is some of them that i currently need , 100V

is there worth to buy ? what makes difference to naked ears ?

Attachments

• capacitor.jpg
    capacitor.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 1,822
Mundorf Mlytic "HC"

Yes Nicoh,

The small 22,000/50v Mlytic caps - I should add that the larger uf size does change the sound - a bit slower, in fact.

To put them in perspective, the BHC Slit Foil (and T-Netwoks too) are a bit "thin" in the base, in comparison - I think this adds to their very clear sound and this is extremely useful as you can "mix/match" to get a particular sound that you want BEFORE any regulators and further circuitry.

Now, some people are looking for a heavier sound of supply to match the rest of their system and others that are looking for just the the opposite - also, the use of a series choke, rather than a resistor, between the 2 caps will produce a different result.

As has been mentioned before here, the Epcos B41550/70 Sikorels seem to "have it all" - but not cheap.

I don't know if you have noticed but Matt Campbell of the "AudioCap Co." has stock of the F&T branded Mlytic and Jensen equivalents at very attractive prices (factory direct) and is also looking for interest in a bulk purchase of the Jensen 4 pole caps, again at very attractive prices.

He has also made some initial enquiries about some of the 10,000/63V Epcos Sikorels (the B41550 ones) and may offer the same deal of a forward shared bulk purchase that may make them "more affordable".

BHC/Aerovox/DNM T-Network Caps

With apologies to those who've been waiting on availability of the four-pole F&T's (which have been delayed for a month or two while the Euro calms down), I thought that you'd be keen to know that we finally (after four months of waiting) received stock of BHC/Aerovox/DNM T-Network 10,000uF @ 100V (ALN20S1108DF).
Part are listed on the shop.

In order to justify this shameless piece of self-promotion, and because I'm in a generous mood, members of diyAudio.com can get these parts half-price (which is £21.25 each).

Enter "diytnetwork" in the coupon code box at checkout to get this price. Free postage type stuff still applies/ 1st-come-1st-served/while-stocks-last/yada-yada-yada..... AND OFFER ENDS MIDNIGHT SUNDAY ('cos then it's a new tax year!) Feel free to share this offer round with all-and-sundry!

PS If anyone thinks I shouldn't be posting this here, and should get my own commercial thread, I fully agree. But despite repeated attempts to contact ANYONE to pay $100 to, I have failed. Any help would be much appreciated....