Belco Sig Gen. Age/Info etc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hi,
Wondered if anyone could put an age to this. It's the first piece of test gear I bought ( 30 years ago ) and it was second hand then. It covers 20Hz to 200+ Khz sine and square. It is a classic Wein bridge osc tuned by a beautifully made variable cap. The PSU is (was ? :) ) unregulated, that little tranny ends up producing 53 volts DC feeding a R-C filter network. I fitted a regulator years ago - a 7818 with diode "lift" in the center leg. Changed the caps as well.
I could never part with it -- just given it a good clean with foam cleaner (all the internals) and dried it out --- perfect.

Attachments

• imag0080.jpg
    imag0080.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 202
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hi,
DigitalJunkie said:
Nice!
It looks like you might need to tighten the frequency adjustment shaft,it's a bit crooked! ;)

Just a bit isn't it !! I will have to put a washer on the back to pad it out. The dial cord pulls so much on it perhaps I have worn the bearing away :)
It's a brilliant little piece of kit -- it's biggest failing is that the large metal dial picks up 50/60 Hz and modulates the waveform at low frequencies.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.