Function Generator?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For your budget, you might consider two generators. One for low frequency (<5MHz) audio sweeping like a Wavetek, and an RF generator that overlaps and goes out to wherever. Though they are getting old and often need service, my favorite is the Wavetek 185 with two separate knobs to set the sweep start and stop points, combined with an HP8640B that will do every AM and FM alignment task you'll likely run across, up to, I think, about 500MHz. These can both be had within your budget, but some service will certainly be required. Good solid guaranteed units will be more. There are also Waveteks that will cover the range you want. The model 166 does everything you'd want out to 50MHz, if you can find one at a reasonable price.

The new unit you showed looks good too. There's a company that seems to make these things for everybody, but I can't find the name and site right now- I may have it at work and will list it later if it turns up.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.