Arcam Delta 250 Mains Transformer problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've just purchased a Delta 250 that had a major problem with its Power Supply section. The previous owner appears to have found the cause of the problem, as many of the devices have been replaced (rectifier diodes, voltage reg IC's etc), and the unit now works, but it would seem that larger of the two Mains Transformers has been fatally wounded! It gets very hot even at no-load, totally disconnected from the player.

This tranny is a custom-made job which has 3 centre-tapped secondaries, and one of these also has 2 intermediate taps. All of this is clearly going to make it rather difficult to replace. I've checked with Arcam, and they no longer have any replacements for this part. The question is, does anyone out there have a junked Delta 250 or 270 which might be able to be a transformer donor? Failing that, has someone already found a simple way of substituting several 'standard' transformers (i.e. stock units from RS Comps etc) to get the thing working again?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.