BNC connections...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just got my first oscope, a Fluke 97 scopemeter for free !!! :bigeyes:

I got a standard probe with it but i need some test leads with alligator clips, but i don't want to pay 10$ each for a simple test lead. (That cheapo/diy spirit) Anyone know where i can get a few cheap or where i can find some BNC connectors that i can just solder wire to? The only BNC connectors i've found require expensive crimping tools and/or you have to use RG coaxial cable.

Thanks.

BNC are sized for 50 or 75 ohm - hence the RG cable attachment (Solder or crimp). You could use 50ohm BNC connectors a length of coax and split the coax out to clips - OK for LOW voltage DC.
There are some BNC to RCA (phono) adapters about, which would be easier to wire for temporary test leads. This is the type of thing - I sure they can be had cheaper :)

http://www.radioshack.com/sm-bnc-to-phono-adapter--pi-2104082_tb-support.html

Real scope leads (x1 x10 with trimmer) are needed for high voltage and ac measurements. There should be a calibration output on the scope for trimming the probe before measuring ac signals.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.