Attach single wire to pcb?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear folks,

I have a strange problem!

For my pcb I'm searching for a way to connect a single cable/wire, however I want to avoid soldering it directly into a wire pad.

Well, terminal block you say - but these guys all start from 2 rows and I need only one row and further I'm limited on space (otherwise I would just parallel both rows).

A plug, maybe? Well, I would like to avoid crimping as well.

What do you use for that?

It's intended for smallish current (several amps) and should be as small as possible (about 10x5mm or less would be nice).

I know I don't have so many wishes free, but if one could easily buy it e.g. at Digikey?

Thank you! Have fun, Hannes

Have you ever looked at dismantling a computer's Molex connector?
The metal pins can be removed form the plastic housing and they can then push- fit together. Of course, this would be a very compact solution but you'd need to heatshrink or find other ways to insulate the metal.

I'm assuming it's not too high voltage?

Thank you for your help!

I will see if I can find that at Digikey :)

Though I still hope somebody comes up with a simple and small connector? Has the world no space for space efficient single wire-to-board connectors?

So many people here do their own pcbs, what do you use?

Have fun, Hannes

Thank you for your replies!

Indeed a pcb-spade was exactly what I thought! Pins would also be an option, however they always require a socket - for final assembly one could solder the wire onto the spade directly.

As it's intended for a ground connection I want a really good connection :D

Thank you for your help!

All the best, Hannes

Spade contacts is nice, check picture below.

Attachments

• rfb02r0_overview[1].jpg
    rfb02r0_overview[1].jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 376
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.