diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Parts (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/parts/)
-   -   HP 8050A audio analyzer (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/parts/125001-hp-8050a-audio-analyzer.html)

discovery2008 18th June 2008 10:36 AM

HP 8050A audio analyzer

Hello all,

I am looking for some spare parts for this old machine. Is anyone out there can help please?

Thank you

jackinnj 18th June 2008 01:06 PM

Hewlett Packard legacy product manuals are archived on the Agilent website.

This model seems to be an Altec product, or at least according to a recent EBay listing --

BrianL 19th June 2008 08:58 PM

If I recall correctly, this device was produced by the HP division in Boeblingen (sp?) Germany for the very short period ca 1970/71 when they were attempting to enter the acoustics market. The country of manudacture should be listed on the serial number tag on back. The acoustics product line disappeared as quickly as it started, a result of the recession in that time period, I would guess

discovery2008 20th June 2008 02:42 AM

HP 8050A

Guys,

Thank you all for the info, but I need to know where I can get some spare parts for the above units. If anyone can help I greatly appreciate it.

Thank you

oshifis 20th June 2008 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by BrianL
If I recall correctly, this device was produced by the HP division in Boeblingen (sp?) Germany for the very short period ca 1970/71 when they were attempting to enter the acoustics market. The country of manudacture should be listed on the serial number tag on back. The acoustics product line disappeared as quickly as it started, a result of the recession in that time period, I would guess
Their 3580A Spectrum Analyzer was a great product before the digital (FFT) era!

jackinnj 20th June 2008 01:33 PM

Re: HP 8050A

Quote:

Originally posted by discovery2008
Guys,

Thank you all for the info, but I need to know where I can get some spare parts for the above units. If anyone can help I greatly appreciate it.

Thank you

What, exactly, do you need in terms of spares.

I have found that if you want spares buy two -- this is why I have 2 1987 MB's. The 560SEL is being fed to the 420SEL.

discovery2008 20th June 2008 04:34 PM

HP 8050A

I need the CRT as the tube that I have in my unit is almost dead. If you can point me to where I can get one of these, I will be thankful.

jackinnj 20th June 2008 05:01 PM

May be the high voltage supply rather than the CRT. Is it the problem brightness/contrast or focus?

This is one manual which isn't archived on Agilent's website so we are a bit SOL.

Is there an HP-IB bus connector on the back? If so, you can dump the screen contents to a computer screen via RS-488.

A while back I saw a web-page which resuscitated the CRT of an HP Spectrum analyzer. Your problem may relate more to a wonky power supply.