HP 8050A audio analyzer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If I recall correctly, this device was produced by the HP division in Boeblingen (sp?) Germany for the very short period ca 1970/71 when they were attempting to enter the acoustics market. The country of manudacture should be listed on the serial number tag on back. The acoustics product line disappeared as quickly as it started, a result of the recession in that time period, I would guess

BrianL said:
If I recall correctly, this device was produced by the HP division in Boeblingen (sp?) Germany for the very short period ca 1970/71 when they were attempting to enter the acoustics market. The country of manudacture should be listed on the serial number tag on back. The acoustics product line disappeared as quickly as it started, a result of the recession in that time period, I would guess
Their 3580A Spectrum Analyzer was a great product before the digital (FFT) era!

May be the high voltage supply rather than the CRT. Is it the problem brightness/contrast or focus?

This is one manual which isn't archived on Agilent's website so we are a bit SOL.

Is there an HP-IB bus connector on the back? If so, you can dump the screen contents to a computer screen via RS-488.

A while back I saw a web-page which resuscitated the CRT of an HP Spectrum analyzer. Your problem may relate more to a wonky power supply.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.