Capacitor help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi to all, this is my first post and its a help me sorry.
I am going to re cap my moth power amps and i have found a shop that has most parts in stock, my problem is which caps to use.
The caps fitted to the amps are samhwa 4700uf 63v and there is 2 others which are 470mFD 16v and 470uf 63v.
My question is what is uf and mFD i have been told that 2 of the caps are feedback caps and have to be right i need to know what the parts are before i send a order off as i dont want to blow up the amps.
Hope this makes sense

:confused:

Thanks for the replys.
I have changed the caps and the feedback caps,only to still have a small problem!!!!!.
When i first switch the amps on i get a hum/buzz sound that last for a few seconds and the amps go quite and i then can use them.
The noise is only there when first switched on.
I thought the noise was a cap problem thats why i changed them and also there were 20yrs old.
So i am at a loss now as to were to look on the amp for the problem.
Any help please.
The amps are Moth 100 watt mono amps.:confused:

Hi thanks for the reply, i have changed all the caps i could see and even the 2 feedback caps,but i still get a noise when first switched on.
Like a buzzing arking then all goes quite?????
I have att a pic dont know if it would be of help.
Pic to big will have to sort it and post it later.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.