Help with Linear PSU

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Meta,

The heatsink mounts on the back of the equipment case. The regulator is mounted on the case side of the heatsink. Behind the sink there is a hole where the regulator sits. The electronics (apart form the heatsink vanes is invisible).

If you want to take the other route, that's OK with me, but I'm willing to help if you want to continue. The heatsink on offer is free :)

Your call...

Cheers,

Hey John...

Nice1 mate, i'll def continue on it - there's no particular rush atm, as the instrument itself isnt finished yet...

I can picture the heatsink better now - soz, i just got in right pickle there ;p

so, how do we go about gettin that sink sent then? how heavy is it? I'll of course pay for any delivery charges...

Thanks again...

Hey John...

Sink arrived - nananice1!

Okay, so the hole which looks like it attaches to the regualtor seems a tad small (M2?) is it okay if i drill a bigger one so i can get an M3 screw n nut in there? Should i glue the back of the regualtor to the sink too? Then i guess i cut a rectangular hole out the back of the case so the regulator pops through and i'm then able to get at the pins...soundabout right?

Cheers

Dan

Dan,

There is an M3 stud that you can use to invisibly mount the regulator.
The 2mm hole was for an LED to poke through, but it's small enough to ignore.
You can of course enlarge the hole and use bolt-through if you wish.
Should i glue the back of the regualtor to the sink too?
What?
The regulator should be mounted onto the heatsink with the insulating bush and thermal (silicon) washer.
Then i guess i cut a rectangular hole out the back of the case so the regulator pops through and i'm then able to get at the pins...soundabout right?
Yes:)

Cheers,

No MIDI....I'm English....

meta said:
Cool, i getcha now - if i dont blow myself and the house up beforehand - i'll post some pics of the operation to make sure it all looks good prolly next week sumtime...

Thanks again, that offer of the midibox16 pcb is still valid btw...
Good stuff.

BTW, I've probably got a spare English dictionary....

Only joking:devily: Bet u spnd al ur time txting....

Cheers,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.