Need 4 conductor cable with connectors & receptacles

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm building a Pearl preamp with a separate power supply and I need a way to get the power from one enclosure to the other. This requires 4 separate wires, pins, etc. I'm having a hard time finding what I need. My usual vendors (Digikey, Allied, etc) overwhelm me with options that are all discrete pieces - connector shells, contacts, receptacle shells, more contacts, cables... There doesn't seem to be a way to buy anything in a kit form (I'd be happy with a connector kit, a receptacle kit and the cable), nor even cross-references for the parts.

I'd like the assembly to have some sort of locking mechanism, to not be too large - say less that 1 inch in diameter for the connector, and the cable will be about 8 feet long.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

I don't know any that come as a kit, but here's what I use:

- 5 core trailer cable (any hardware store)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

- 5 way 'mike' line connector and chassis plug (any electronics store)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

They are cheap, easy to get, the connectors lock well, and they are easy to solder.

This cable is five way, you can leave the fifth core out, or use it as a chassis ground.

I've been using a lot CDROM audio cables lately.
They're compact, interlocking, cheap, easy to come by, and fairly
high quality. Most are shielded too.

You're already familiar with the cable I'm sure, so here's the
connector. (Careful ordering cables, some are only three wire)

Digikey --- WM4802-ND - CONN HEADER 4POS .100 VERT GOLD
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If those don't fit the bill, maybe these are more to your liking.

All Electronics -- CON-234 4-PIN-CONNECTOR-W/HEADER

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ooooops! I missed the part about being 8 feet long! Sorry.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.