Denon Transistors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
cumesoftware said:
I've searched for datasheets on Google, alldatasheet.com and datasheetcatalog.com without any success. I can only find vendors.

Obrigado Cumesoftware - I did the same and got nowhere.

I have been checking all Denon service manuals I can get my hands on - these have complete pinout information.
So far I have not found a single amp/receiver that uses these transistors.

I bet you they are Sankens with an OEM part number.

I will keep trying! ;)

(Saudades do Bairro Alto...)

Probably, you bought customized transistors for Denon amplifiers by someone else.
Denon is audio equipment vendor and has never made transistors by itself. Most of semiconductors were supplied by Hitachi (now a part of Renesas) to Denon, because Hitachi used to be the mother company of Denon.

DHCT-A3 = PNP Sanken SAP
(DHCT-C3 = NPN Sanken SAP)

(could have told you sooner if you had posted a piccalie)

Attachments

• dhct-a3.jpg
    dhct-a3.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 524
cpu_bach said:
Probably, you bought customized transistors for Denon amplifiers by someone else.
Denon is audio equipment vendor and has never made transistors by itself. Most of semiconductors were supplied by Hitachi (now a part of Renesas) to Denon, because Hitachi used to be the mother company of Denon.

So desu ne
I am with you on that - these look like Sankens.
Arigato gozaimashita! ;)

jacco vermeulen said:
DHCT-A3 = PNP Sanken SAP
(DHCT-C3 = NPN Sanken SAP)

(could have told you sooner if you had posted a piccalie)

Jacco - thanks for confirming my suspicion.
You are right... a pic would have helped...:smash:

Any idea about the MP1715?
It looks like the big (3-pin) mamas from Sanken.
I will try to post a picture soon.

Thanks again!

i might be able to shed some light on the MP1715 if you can tell me whether they're darlingtons or not. measure the forward voltage of the B-E junction 0.6-0.8V is a single transistor, 1.2-1.6V is a darlington. they're supposed to be matched up with an npn transistor with the part number starting with MN. at first they were house numbers, but in the last few years the last four digits are the last four of the device that they actually are made from. one example of this is the MN2488 which is a 2SD2488. the P means it's a PNP, the N means it's an NPN. unfortunately the MP1715 was produced before this convention took effect, and so there is no data that i can find about it yet...... let me look through some old denon manuals and see what i find..... i'll see what i can find in the denon manuals about the other devices too as far as voltage/current ratings. you will find that the pinouts of the -a3 and the -c3 devices is mirror imaged give me a bit of time and i'll get as much info as i can....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.