psu connection

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Sounds like a stupid question for many of you but I got stuck with this :

I have a small project that needs 33v DC and 24v AC supplies. I had tried it as in fig. 1 and everything goes fine. Since I need only +33v so I just did not connect the -33v and tap the 24v AC from the output of the transformer.

But as I use the setup in fig2., there seems to be somewhat different. I can still get the +33v no problem but how should I get the 24v AC? Should I just tap it from one of the leads of the transformer output as before or should the other side of the transformer output be connected to the 0v also?

I seem to have a brain 'black out' so can someone please kindly make this clear ? Tks

sorry forget the wiring diagram

Attachments

• psu.gif
    psu.gif
    7.5 KB · Views: 86
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hi,
I don't quite get what you are saying :) , but do the AC supplies have to be "floating" with respect to the 33 v DC .
If you take from the same winding as supplying the DC supply then this means the AC is not "independant" and depending on your application may not work at all or worse, cause damage.
Regards Karl

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.