TiePie Handyscope-HS3-100MHz ?? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd May 2008, 04:08 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Jan Dupont
Default TiePie Handyscope-HS3-100MHz ??

Does anyone here have any practical experience with this computer controlled measuring system ?
http://www.tiepie.com/uk/products/Ex...scope_HS3.html

I'm thinking to clean a bit out on my workspace, and think that some kind of "all in one" will do most of the measuring jobs I do on my circuits....

God and bad! Let me know

Thanks in advance
Old 3rd May 2008, 07:35 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Default Re: TiePie Handyscope-HS3-100MHz ??

Quote:
Originally posted by ACD
Does anyone here have any practical experience with this computer controlled measuring system ?
http://www.tiepie.com/uk/products/Ex...scope_HS3.html

I'm thinking to clean a bit out on my workspace, and think that some kind of "all in one" will do most of the measuring jobs I do on my circuits....

God and bad! Let me know

Thanks in advance
Jan I have one (the 25Mhz version). The scope/multimeter/logger/spctrum analyzer works great. Needs some getting used to, but a usefull addition to my bench.

I'm not too thrilled about the AWG. It's pretty limited, although they say that you can feed it with a file previously recorded from the scope etc.

If I would have to buy something like that again I would probably take a look at their HS4 with the two differential inputs option. That would be more usefull, to be able to measure a voltage somewhere in a circuit and not against ground only. But I'm not sure how the CM rejection would hold up versus frequency.

Jan Didden
Old 4th May 2008, 06:15 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Thanks janneman

It seems like my doubts regarding the AWG was right.....
Thnaks for confirming this.

I see the advantage of HS4, and share your concern regaring CM.

Are there other products out there, that are being used by one of the members here, which may be a better choise ???
Old 4th May 2008, 07:26 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default PicoScope?

Sorry I can't offer any experience here. In fact I have the same question regarding the picoscope USB systems. I've been contemplating to save the money to buy one...

http://www.picotech.com/oscilloscope.html

the 3200 series seems comparable to the TiePie. Any comments one way or the other for pico? Seems so far, we have a +1 for the tiepie ;-)

Thanks in advance for any info!

-Chris
Old 4th May 2008, 07:38 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

I would like to avoid Pico products, as we had a Pico Datasampling kit at the company i work for. We had so many software issues, that 1/3 of all measurement had to be repeated because the software stopped responding........

Ok the software is a few years old, and they may have improved the stabillity (but I don't dare to be the one to test it)

Hide this!Advertise here!