Speakon screws?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
4fun said:
Hi,

What speakons, link, pic?
I've mounted many Neutrik speakons and recessed M3 fits nicely.

Edit:
Spec sheet tells that the mounting holes are 3.2mm, ie allows M3 bolts.
I've just found my receipt and I ordered "NL4 MDH 2:SOCKET 4WAY HORIZ", and I found a datasheet also, it looks like to hole needs a 2mm bolt:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Do M2 bolts actually exist? :confused:

4fun said:
Hi,

The speakons you have are supposed to be mounted behind a thin panel and to be mounted with self winding "wood screws" into the speakons. They are made for pcb mount btw.
I did originally intend for these to go in an amp, hence PCB mount, but they'll actually work fine in my horn with the right screws... I've found some M2 bolts on e-bay but they aren't long enough, so I may just have to order some more sockets which are wood (not metal)...

screwed!

can send you some screws and nuts....countersunk heads and prob about 10 mm long...how many do you need? just standard size i use....aha i noticed the diagram, horrible nl2 pcb mount yuck....yeah they are usually fitted with self tapping type screws....yuck! offer stands of the proper jobby's if you dont have anything suitable, prob m2.5 thread (but dont quote me!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.