Mic Preamp for WM61a

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi ! I am looking for a schematic for a low cost and simple mic preamp for panasonic WM61a mic. I have come across the INA163 datasheet which has a schematic for mic preamp. Anyone can help modify it so it does not need phantom power and XLR connector ? Or are there other simpler circuits to be built ?

Why do you need to remove the Phantom power and XLR?? Electret mics need Power also and Electret mics can be configured as Ballanced to use an XLR....I use the INA217 Preamp IC in Most of my DIY Preamps (Because it Comes in a 8Pin Dip and not a SMT like the INA163) and I also have several omni mics that use the WM-61 that Take Phantom power and Use XLR Connectors....

I think it would be best to build your WM-61 Mics to run off of Phantom power and to use an XLR then you can use your Preamps with all mics.....

I have a few Mic designs that use the WM-61 and Run off of Phantom power and use XLR"s.....

Like this one and it is easy to build ,I would also suggest useing the INA217 IC as it will be easier to work with because it inst a SMT Part.....

Cheers

PS: youi could easilly build a Unballanced Opamp Based preamp but it will not perform nearly as well as the INA217/163 and only be slightly les complicated to build...

Attachments

• msh-1.gif
    msh-1.gif
    10 KB · Views: 1,181
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.