LeCroy 9354AM oscilloscope power supply - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st February 2008, 11:52 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default LeCroy 9354AM oscilloscope power supply

Hi all,

I have recently been offered a LeCroy 9354AM oscilloscope. it has a blown power supply (ps9351_2 REVA).

Is there anyone on the off chance who knows about these scopes or their PSU's?
Id like to test the rest of the scope once i find out the required voltages and currents, its quite a beast!
Old 23rd February 2008, 03:51 AM   #2
gootee is offline gootee  United States
diyAudio Member

If you don't get some good help, here, you might want to ask in the sci.electronics.repair Usenet newsgroup. You can search the newsgroups' archive (a goldmine, by the way), and post, at http://groups.google.com .

I would also search, there, for things like 'Lecroy power supply OR psu', sine they might already have been discussed.
Old 14th March 2008, 01:16 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the reply, i hadnt realised anyone had replied!

I actually got a response from Lecroy about this and ran the scope up on about 5 bench supplies (this thing draws about 12A continuous on the +5v rail!) and it works!

If anyone else has a problem with this scope i can post the answers lecroy gave me.
Old 19th December 2011, 07:34 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Smile Lecroy 9354a PSU Problem

Hi there, I have the same scope (9354A) with exactly the same problem. It would appear that the main switching transistor a MJW16010 has gone with a big bang! lifting the base track as well. This makes me believe that this card may be unrepairable? as significant damage may have occured elsewhere.
I am interested as to what response you received from Lecroy and, of course, what you did in the end in order to use ths scope?

Many thanks Rob (Bluerobboman)

Hide this!Advertise here!