Analogmetric - Another HK Dodgy Dealer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
yeah wow i wonder...

wow i wonder who to avoid in ebay.. i dont want to support a company that copies other designs for profit. but if prices seem to good it probably is... or should i jut avoid Hong Kong all together?

been reading on the forms and i should also not buy from kikitronic and diy-gene

has anyone have experience with audio-secret ebay im worried about buying fake components.

Analogmetric is no longer registered wit Ebay but kikitronic is and sell some of there products so is probably a new name!

I have only bought 1 item a pcb for a preamp originally sold by audiotek. It arrived very quickly and with no fuss.
So from that point of view, kikitronic are good.

If it is an obvious copy, say of a Pass Labs design, don't buy it.
Otherwise, they seem OK.

Andy

Xerox

When Xerox's patents expired everyone was "copying" the technology and making and selling copying machines.

When a drug patent expires, you can buy generics at $4/month's supply and not $400/month's supply

Patents only last 20 years from the time they were filed.

So if the design is more than 20 years old and there is a patent on it, everyone can copy. It is the standard in the entire world.

WARNING - from my experience comparing parts vs. originals

China is now expert in fake parts, fake tda1541 that looks and sound alike real ones. Fake caps, fake regulators etc

Some company are honest but my opinion is that the designs are fairly poor compared to what is done by our skilled people here.

Also returning a product on eBay to china can be expensive and frustrating.

I bought expensive amp from china, resold it for 1/4 price, also fake opamps, fake dac, badly labeled transformers, (at the end I ended up losing more money than I thought I would save) the only product I now have is a clock kit because it was damn cheap and looked good, still need to try it.

"China is now expert in fake parts, fake tda1541 that looks and sound alike real ones. Fake caps, fake regulators etc "

This comment is ridiculous and insane , Have you ever realized that there are no current production mass market cd player or device that uses tda 1541, And the handful Hi-end cd players that do use that chip will surely source it directly from reliable sources. So that means that the majority of the users that buy tda1541 are DIY hobbyist And not even all DIYers make tda1541 dac. That means it is not justifiable for them to fake tda1541. Not even by any stretch of imagination.

News: it finally works, the cs8412 was defective, and another was sent without cost from HK.

Now it plays music with a custom i/v designed by Greg Ball of skaaudio

The i/v beats all opamps I could try ... the only problem is the dac makes noise when music plays louder. If someone has any thought at what the problem might be ? the noise was present with the opamps and with the custom i/v it seems to makes it appear worse because of the higher resolution, faster rise time.:bomb::confused:

I avoid all chinese sellers on ebay. They are usually the lowest of quality. Why take a silly chance when there are so many better paths to take.

I use Chinese suppliers for pcb's and never had any problems with the them.
I found I had to shop around to get best price and best delivery time.
Even the worst Chinese price was a third of what pcb's cost in the UK.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.