IRFP Transistors-calling Scandinavia

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As a bonus through my professional life, I have managed to get a reasonable price on IRFP 240 / 9240, appx. NOK 20 ( USD 2.80 ) on average, but I have to order at least 100 of each, which is a little more than I need. I havent asked, but I can probably get a very good price for IRF 610 / 9610's too.

Anyone in Norway/ Scandinavia interested in teaming up for a group buy ??
Please use my E-mail tag..

Reichelt, AFAIK, IRFP240 are not IR parts. For genuine IR parts the prices are not bad.

RS Components stock genuine IR at SEK 26.94 a piece for QTY 100. That is a about the same. But, since the 9240 is, AFAIK, more expensive then the offered prices would be good if that is the average price per device when buying pairs (if somebody needs pairs as Alephs use 240 only).

My original post was for Fairchild units, but very recent info also indicates a possible opportunity to source IR parts at same or possibly even lower price. I have not checked for original IRF 240 in TO-3.

I believe IRFPs were originally supplied by Intersil, which was aquired by Fairchild in march 2001.

Data sheets indicate no difference between Fairchild and IR parts, but comments on this issue are appreciated....

Right now it seems that the price is around NOK 14-15 pr. unit.

The order will have to be done in tube qty. of 50 units pr. tube.

If we are to proceed with this , we also have to come up with an arrangement for payment. Credit cards can be used, as I can let a local company handle it on a no cost basis !! I will also check the rates for COD to Sweden-Finland...

AMT-freak said:
These are the parts I ordered from Reichelt (www.reichelt.de) in December '02. As far as I know, these are not counterfeits. Am I wrong?

My previous info is obviously incorrect if these are Reichelt items. They look just like my guaranteed IR parts so they should be OK.

Then obviously Reichelt prices are unbeatable. EUR 1.35 for IRFP 240 (even if it is Fairchild) is very good. That makes NOK 10.40 ex VAT compared to the 14-15 above. And that is at QTY 1 and above...

Fakes or not--??

Almost all transistor types are second sourced by other manufacturers. This does not necessearly make the "non-original" part inferior to the original. Looking at Fairchild and IRs data sheets gives no significant differences, given that there will always be a production spread on tolerances by all manufacturers. Most important for paralleling of devices are that they should all be of the same lot code, this giving less fall out devices on matching.
Even " The Master" himself clearly indicated that " Original IR" parts is of no importance in itself. In production , it is more important to get an econimically favourable deal, provided your quality control does not indicate otherwise.

Reichelts prices are good,- I was not aware of this company...
I was hoping that we could end up with a total order of 4-500, which would give us prices comparable with Reichelt. So far I have got only 250.....
Also- postage/packing out of Germany to Scandinavia will probably be at least 100 kr...........

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.