HELP PLEASE: WESTREX Tx (input?)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a pair of what appear tp be input Tx by WESTREX. The probability is that they came from a smaller PP tube amp which was used in the old Newsreel mini-cinemas after WW11 up to probably the later 1950s.

They are marked, in ink by hand, '315Q 904010'
They are finished in a grey paint finish identical in colour to similar aged Western Electric paper in oil capacitors which I have and, see below, they may even be relabeled WE stock.,

They have x6 (+can Earth) terminals which are about 1/2" high and have ceramic insulators at the can junctions. (I do not have an on-line pic host but can email pics.)

They are 2.7" long; 1 1/8 o/d.

The low impedance side measures 1.3R , or 2.6R if I short the middle terminals.

The high impedance side measures 1K337R . That side appears to be a single winding.

Has anyone any ideas on the best use for these Txs? (I feel that they would work as MC step-ups for a low impedance MC cartridge.)

Any ideas will be much appreciated.

These came from a load of old Westrex 'demolition' pieces almost all had UK logo plates so are likely to be a Western Electric clone for the UK marketplace when the UK raised import duties on such produce.

Thanks,

Brian

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.