rotary switch

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anyone know where I can get a decent 5 or 6 position 4 pole rotary switch? Not looking to spend a fortune, ebay stuff etc would be OK. I want to use it as an input selector for a preamp.

If you have a favourite seller on ebay etc for this kind of thing, let us know! I'm not averse to buying form hong kong china etc etc.

TIA,

Fran

Hi,

I'd stay away from those cheap, phenolic wafer open switches like these. They fail too frequent for good audio and the channel seperation with them really sucks. OK for switching a relay...

At minimum, I'd suggest a sealed dealie, like these here. or quality ones like these two level ceramics which you can use one layer for left switching and the other for right.

The above links are examples. I have no ideas about the sellers.

Cheers!

Ouch - I've seen the ones in RS - and yes, they are a bit dear....

On the others - the alpha ones would be great, but are only available as 2 poles. I have seen the ceramic ones a good bit on ebay and thought of going with those.

What is the quality like with the ceramic switches? Would they be as good as, say, the alpha enclosed ones?

Fran

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.