Are Rubycon zlh's as good as zl's?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
They are a downgrade in ESR, ripple and audio quality.

The only uprade of them I see is in their much longer rated lifespan.

I think you should only install them in 24/7 hot devices where cap failure would be unacceptable.

In installing them in TV/Audio circuits I only wasted my time and money and since replaced them.

Remaining ZLH were installed in routers and other things that don't produce audio or video, but prefer to last forever.

Yes, a good example of these very bad sounding low tech caps. :D

In an high-end m-audio interface... not realy a computer...

maudio_zl.jpg

The Rubycon have long life, small size and very great tech specs. Just have a look on the ZLH datasheeet and compare with high priced audio caps (when datasheet exist).

Use them in psu circuit. You will be happy and will forget them.

Have a look on these too: Panasonic FM and Chemi-Con UHD.

Purple Soprano said:
They are a downgrade in ESR, ripple and audio quality.

The only uprade of them I see is in their much longer rated lifespan.

I think you should only install them in 24/7 hot devices where cap failure would be unacceptable.

In installing them in TV/Audio circuits I only wasted my time and money and since replaced them.

Remaining ZLH were installed in routers and other things that don't produce audio or video, but prefer to last forever.

They are NO downgrade in ESR or ripple.

Eact time case dimension is exactly the same (with same capacitance and voltage), ZLHs have less ESR and better ripple.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.