McIntosh output transistors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mac doesn't like people to work on their products.

Just for fun I looked in the NTE crossref.

The last two numbers numbers cross to an NTE130 which appear to be 2N3055. Their complement is MJ2955.

NTE lists 132-515 and 516 but not your 517 and 518.

The 541 is an NTE130 and the 542 is an NTE130MP=matched pair.

Doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but..............................there you go. Mark

paolofuma said:

I will start with the equivalent types indicated by NTE trying to find commercial transistors with characteristics very close to those indicated.

Look at the rest of the threads around here - NTE=bad news. You could try MJ15015 & 15016, which are 180 watt 120 volt versions of the 2N3055 and MJ2955. Speed-wise they seem to be about the same. The die are a little bigger but look the same.

The warning about NTE is sound advice. Although a rare occurrence in NTE crossovers, the NTE130 is probably actually a 2N3055 because the 3055 is so very common. I should have warned about using a cross-reference. The MJ15015 is shown in the Motorola data book to be an upgrade for the 3055 and the current gain at high output is identical. Same for the PNP.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.