how to remote control a rotary switch based attenuator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

During the last years I had some attenuators I tried. I got mercury wetted relays for the R-2R, with that it is much better, but still far away from a good rotary switch. Similar with LDR, I just do not like them.

Now, I decided that I make the rotary switch remote controllable. Please do not reply that why not LDR, or why not alps black or noble ... I decided I stay with the rotary switch.

Now, I'm looking for a mechanical solution. It would be good to find a magnetic clutch, what I put on the axle of the rotary switch and normally I can turn by hand freely, but when I want to remote control, I lock the clutch and turn by an RC servo for example. I know RC servo is noisy, but I energize only for the switching. Or a small stepper motor. Anyway. My problem is the clutch. If you know a working solution, please let me know,

Thanks,
JG

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.