my dealer doesnt do BG`s anymore - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd February 2003, 02:39 PM   #1
wazzup is offline wazzup  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to wazzup
Default my dealer doesnt do BG`s anymore

Hello,

I ordered some black gates from www.audionote.co.uk but they no longer supply them. So I`m forced to look somewhere else for black gates. I kinda searched the net, but other suppliers seemded really expansive with some Black Gate`s..
Anyone got some nice links to good suppliers?

Tnx a lot
Old 24th February 2003, 03:08 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Here
Old 24th February 2003, 03:40 PM   #3
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Since you're from the Netherlands I can recommend Rients Steenbeek. He sells them for very good prices because he imports them himself. I don't know if I can put his email adress here so I advise you to look at www.triodedick.com where Dick also recommends this adress. See the Mededelingen part of the site.

regards,

Jean-Paul
Old 24th February 2003, 03:43 PM   #4
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

I second that...

Rients has GREAT prices...and good service.

http://www.triodedick.com/mededelingenbord.htm

Got myself some BG NH 100uF / 160v... sound great.

And you get Audionotes pound price.... but in EURO'S (approx)...so that is a 30% saving.
Old 24th February 2003, 03:54 PM   #5
protos is offline protos  Greece
diyAudio Member

I actually spoke to Peter Qvortrup about it and he said the reason he discontinued is that he couldn;t handle the enormous stream of technical questions about them he had to answer since he is the only one there capable of doing it.When I asked him why not sell and not have to answer everybodys questions he told me it is his policy to provide technical support for all the products he sells.
I think that is very professional although I will miss Audionote as a BG supplier because they were always very helpful.
He had mentioned in another conversation that since a very positive review of BGs by Martin Colloms they had a hard time keeping up with orders.
I have been looking for the Martin Colloms article and was wondering whether anybody has a copy?
Old 24th February 2003, 07:21 PM   #6
wazzup is offline wazzup  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to wazzup
Tnx a lot for the info and links! My life has been a maze, since I started with the builing -well now its mostly finding parts- of my cd player. I sit behind my computer, staring at the screen, trying to filter (the sometimes really complex) the stream of articles, posts, reviews, and everything that might help me.

God where would I be without forums, I thank u all!

Hide this!Advertise here!