Pre amp fault

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Need some help here please.

I have a Krell KSP 7B pre / KSA100S power amp which has recently been giving me problems

When I turn the combo on, most times it is fine, everything quiet. After a while though a high pitched 'white noise' type sound is heard - even with the volume muted.

In addition, sometimes there is a hum, apparent on all sources, but worst with the phono stage. It will be virtually silent, then this too suffers with hum.

When I use another pre amp, no problem.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks for your reply.

Very little electronics knowledge - I can use a multi meter to test the simple stuff and can use a soldering iron.

I just wondered if the symptoms may have been a dead giveaway to an experienced hand for a particular fault - leaking capacitors or something.

The thing that is intriguing me the most is that the 'white noise' I described is apparent even with the volume muted.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.