diyAudio (
-   Parts (
-   -   transformer cans/ covers source (

mikecj 5th January 2008 04:06 PM

transformer cans/ covers source
Can anyone help with a source / supplier for transformer cans / tins / covers. See them on most commercially built and vintage equipment but can't seem to find a source for the diy'er.

Thanks Mikecj

rdf 5th January 2008 04:36 PM

OzMikeH 5th January 2008 10:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
DIY it.

But seriously..There are chrome covers available for oil filters on cars for cosmetic reasons.

BudP 5th January 2008 11:10 PM

Look for Bahrs die and stamping on the internet. They are the only US mfg for end bell type mounting covers. Cans can be had from Hammond up in Canada and for big bucks from Zero mfg. in CA. A west coast dealer for Bahrs is Ram Sales in LA. Call Bahrs Monday and see who they have locally, to supply your needs.


mikecj 7th January 2008 03:21 PM

Thanks guys for the info......
OzMike... I've taken a look at tea tins and other assorted canned goods so you're not that far out of the ball park. Too bad Spam [the "meat"] has fallen so far out of favor that they only sell the small cans anymore. Probably not a bad thing though, even the dog turns her nose up at it.

Thanks again


Geek 7th January 2008 05:55 PM


Have you checked in a dollar or Indian store that sells stainless kitchenware? This stuff is real stainless (magnet doesn't stick to it), comes in a variety of sizes and shapes and is dirt cheap.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:07 PM.

Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 18.75%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2018 diyAudio