OPA2134 in Bangalore!! - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th December 2007, 02:43 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Thank You guys.
One last question, Is it possible to get some Elna or Panasonic FC capacitors in Bangalore or is it the same pathetic situation again.
Any other good brands is also OK.
Just had a dig in these forums and found these
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...605#post417605
Seems to be that ajitm had found 10,000uF Elna caps at Rajdhani Electronics. But it was long back.
Old 27th December 2007, 04:10 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to linuxguru
Some limited range of values are available.

Chetan Electronics has Panasonic FC 2700/25 and FJ in a few low-voltage SMPS/computer grade values, of which the most interesting are 150/50 and 1800/16.

Pooja Electronics has Chemicon KMH 4700/50 - a very useful audio-type value, as well as some Elna for Audio.

There's a shop (whose name eludes me now, maybe Rajdhani?) on the main road perpendicular to S.P. Road which sells a huge range of stuff including connectors, passives, transistors, heatsinks, switches, etc. He has a quite a range of OEM-manufactured Elna, Panasonic and Chemicon in useful values. Eg. Chemicon (Pioneer-branded) 22,000/63, Panasonic M (Kenwood-branded) 6800/63, Chemicon 3300/63, Elna RJ4 (Audio-grade) 4700/42, etc.

But absolutely no Cerafines, Black Gates or any exotic stuff.

You may find a better variety with some of the Chennai wholesalers, like Suraj Radio or Swastik - but they're sometimes reluctant to sell single-unit quantities, and their inventory varies very rapidly and is dependent on supply from Mumbai.
Old 28th December 2007, 08:49 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

After some hunting I could only find Chemicon KMH capacitors 4700/50 at Pooja Elect.
Chetan Elect. didn't have anything interesting. And also checked some other shops with no Luck.
They all seem to have capacitors from samwha (never heard before) www.samwha.com/
I don kn y they all pronounce it as "Samxon".
Are are these caps reliable?

Also, linuxguru I couldn't find shop that you mentioned at the last, the one on the road perpendicular to SP road. Certainly it is not Rajdhani because it is on SP Road.
Could u please find the name of the shop or atleast pin point the exact location at ur leisure.
Old 29th December 2007, 04:16 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

>Chemicon KMH capacitors 4700/50

Chemicon KMH are very good all-round caps, although they're not strictly low-ESR. Hugh Dean (Aspen Amplifiers) recommends them highly, and
they're standard issue in the stock AKSA kits. At around Rs.50 (?) each,
they're among the best value you'll find in Bangalore, barring a few
surplus/NOS types.

>They all seem to have capacitors from samwha (never heard before) www.samwha.com/

Samwha is a Korean company which bought the electrolytics division of Samsung Electronics a few years ago. Old Samwha (prior to the Samsung acquisition) are c-r-a-p, the later ones are slightly better but no match for the Japanese majors.

> I don kn y they all pronounce it as "Samxon".

Samxon is a different animal - they're a Chinese manufacturer of first-rate computer-grade low-ESR capacitors, especially their GA, GB, GC and GD series. These are comparable to the top end of the Japanese line-up (Rubycon, Nichicon, Chemicon, Panasonic, Sanyo, ...) for computer and PSU use. However, I don't know if they've got good audio-grade capacitors yet, in the same class as Elna Silmic/Cerafine, or Panasonic FC/FK.

(I didn't know that Samxon had shown up locally - their entry into the cut-throat motherboard capacitor market was fairly recent - less than 2 years ago.)

>Could u please find the name of the shop or atleast pin point the exact location at ur leisure.

To approach SP Road from the Town Hall side, one takes a right turn into a short section of a road (say 100 metres) and then left into the entrance to S.P. Road. Generally, the autorickshaws stop at the entrance to S.P. Road and park further down on that short section of road perpendicular to S.P. Road.

If you search on that section of road (where the autos are parked), there is a somewhat spacious shop on the left about 25-50m from the entrance to S.P. Road. There are usually some cows/buffaloes milling around, and you may have to deftly avoid some dung. When you enter the shop, there are glass showcases/countertops with a selection of Amphenol connectors and various passives, including capacitors, on display in the front. The chairs are black anodized metal, bar-stool style. That is the shop with a moderate selection of good Japanese caps.
Old 29th December 2007, 04:58 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Let's see if this Wikimapia link works:

http://wikimapia.org/#lat=12.965108&...18&l=0&m=a&v=2

I've marked it as 'Electronics Parts Outlet', subject to revision later when I remember the name of the store.

Edit: Oops, it hasn't shown up on the main Wikimap yet - but it's just below the Nagarathpet Road Entrance, at the centre of the map.
Old 31st December 2007, 10:14 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

Thanks for all the effort linuxguru. I will check back and let u know the name.

Hide this!Advertise here!