help with single bi-wiring audioquest rocket 33 speaker cable

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
help with single bi-wiring audioquest rocket 33 speaker cable

I have an opportunity to get some bulk audioquest rocket 33 speaker cable at a substantial savings. I would have to do the wiring of the ends myself. Problem is, I dont exactly know how to wire up the banana plugs on the speaker ends. Each positive and negative set of cable has some long grain copper wires and some perfect surface copper wires (i think there are 2 of one type and 1 of the other, but I dont know which type has 2 and which has 1). Also, I dont know which wires are supposed to go to the tweeter/midrange of my vandersteens and which go to the bass.

any help would be appreciated.

Try them either way and see what sounds best for you. (but I'll eat my hat if you can tell the difference.)

Forget the banana plugs. Just stick the bare wires in your binding posts and tighten them up. If the surface of the wire really does matter then an extra connector plus the layer of solder is going to make a much bigger difference.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.