Capacitor Identification

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm thinking about upgrading parts on the crossover in my speakers. There are a couple of film caps in each crossover - one of which has the following stamped on the body -

"6.0k 100V CMC"

I've tried measuring the cap using my DMM but am unable to get a reading (the other cap is 3.3uF). Both caps look identical apart from the fact that the one I cant identify is slightly larger than the 3.3uF. Maybe it isn't a capacitor?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi,

If it isn't a capacitor, there is not much else that it could be, except for an inductor or resistor.

You say both caps are alike, but what does it look like? Can you show a picture, maybe?

Also, just a thought, when you say you cannot measure it as a cap, have you detached one end (lead) from the circuit when doing this?

If not, this could be the reason why you cannot get any reading as it could be 'shunted' by some other parallel components in the circuit.

Regards,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.