Aussie source of Cerafines?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

Yesterday my Marantz CD50SE packed it in; the display blank and a buzz coming from the speakers. I thought it was one of the transformer windings as the tranny was crackling, but it turned out one of the Elna Cerafines in the PSU was butted against a voltage regulator and had swollen...

Do any Aussies know of a local source of Cerafines? I know of WES components, but theirs are limited to 100V and I need 35V 220uF because of limited space. In fact, when Marantz modded the unit, they already had to leave longer leads because the replacements were bigger than stock. There's not a lot of scope for larger cans.

I know of Welbourne and others elsewhere but I was hoping to get this unit sorted by the 25th!

I know I could just use ordinary caps but I guess if Marantz reckon 'audio grade' caps make a difference in this spot I must maintain at least the original quality. I don't want to desolder the board again, as I've had bad experiences desoldering 90's Marantz gear!

Thanks

Stuey

Not Cerafines but I replaced Elna DuorexII with Panasonic FC in a Sony ES CD player. I can't say it improved the sound but didn't hurt either.

You can get them from RSonline but be prepared for $$$ shock as with all their stuff. They used to have Rubycon ZL and Nichicon FG but they pulled the plug on them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.