diyAudio (
-   Parts (
-   -   Connector Availability (

diydummy 29th November 2007 01:17 AM

Connector Availability
Any idea where I might find a 12 pin plastic connector to fit in the AV Multi Out as shown below?

diydummy 2nd December 2007 12:04 AM

Does anyone at least know what this type of connector is called?

Here's a better (more specific) picture...

diydummy 17th December 2007 03:13 AM

About This Connector...
Nobody knows, not one even person on planet earth? :xeye:

gootee 17th December 2007 05:41 AM

Hey, I tried.

Back when you first posted, I looked through the _entire_ "rectangular connectors" section of the catalog, and didn't see anything exactly like that.

If you don't have the free hardcopy versions of the huge and catalogs, you should get them. The pictures make searching for things like this MUCH faster and easier than any other way I can think of.

Good luck!

- Tom Gootee

Bobken 17th December 2007 10:37 AM


I also thought about this query, but I have never seen anything quite like this connector before.

If it was me, I would try contacting the equipment's makers who should at least be able to tell you which type of connector is used on this device for the A/V Multi Out.


jacco vermeulen 17th December 2007 12:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
AV Multi Out is a Sony gadget, probably stuff you find in Playstations.

edit: gotcha=> PS3
One 1/2 person ok too ?

Nordic 17th December 2007 01:49 PM

Correct, it is the output of a PS 1, mine also conects to the analog world via one of those....

Bobken 17th December 2007 02:03 PM


Great stuff, but as diydummy presumably has this item to take photos of, I guess that he already knows what it is!

His question is, what type of connector is this, and where can he obtain a suitable cable-connector to use with it.

Unfortunately, no-one yet has been able to help him with this.



jacco vermeulen 17th December 2007 02:44 PM

Sony AV Multi Out, dummy.
There's even a picture of the PS3 chassis part on that link
Any store that sells Sony gear, one of my TVs has an AV Multi socket, so TV shops too.

Bobken 17th December 2007 03:04 PM

Hi diydummy,

This being the case, it looks like it is probably a Sony 'special' connector, and this explains why neither Tom nor I could find anything in catalogues.

If so, you may not be able to find a separate connector, but you might be able to use a proprietary lead with connectors already attached, and, by cutting this lead, modify it for your purposes.

Even with molded-on plugs, I have done this several times before but you will need a meter or perhaps a battery and light-bulb, or similar, to identify which individual wire in the lead is attached to which tag on the connector.


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:36 PM.

Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 18.75%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2018 diyAudio