Schuro - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Design & Build > Parts

Parts Where to get, and how to make the best bits. PCB's, caps, transformers, etc.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st November 2007, 06:55 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Question Schuro

Does anybody now what is going on with the Germany Schuro shop.
www.Schuro.de
I have read meny nice things, and they have fair prices. I have sent them my order plus several mails with no answer. I have tried to call them on the phone - number on the web, but its busy 0-24.
Are they out of business or what?
Old 21st November 2007, 07:38 AM   #2
Tolu is offline Tolu  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hi

I did an order at Schuro yesterday too and got no answer so far. I think it is not their main business or rather their leisure-time job.
Old 21st November 2007, 07:55 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Exclamation Schuro

There have been problems with Schuro over the years.
Especially slow they are on foreign customers.
Older threads on this forum excist mentioning same problems.
Schuro purchase

A fax order seems to work best.

I prefer Partsconnexion, Ampslab, Diysupply. I hate to get frustrated by those unwilling Schuros!
Old 21st November 2007, 11:09 AM   #4
Calvin is offline Calvin  Germany
diyAudio Member

Hi,

Schuro is a small company, rather a one-man-show. No wonder that they don´t respond to Tel sometimes. But I had no probs so far. Ordered a few dasys ago and got a message, that everything is in stock and will be delivered soon.

jauu
Calvin
Old 21st November 2007, 02:13 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Hello,

Thanks everybody for the infos. I was actually giving my brothers address in Germany as the shipping address so it's not the "foreign" order... but I wrote in English.
I'll try to fax them an order in German, although am not very good at German...
Old 21st November 2007, 05:13 PM   #6
Tolu is offline Tolu  Germany
diyAudio Member

Got my reply from Schuro this morning that everything is in stock and ready for delivering!

Old 21st November 2007, 06:10 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Tolu
Got my reply from Schuro this morning that everything is in stock and ready for delivering!

Good for you. Did you placed an order via email or fax?
Old 21st November 2007, 11:18 PM   #8
OliverD is offline OliverD  Germany
diyAudio Member

Schuro is not unreliable in the sence that you pay for something you never get, or pay for high quality parts and get junk. It's just that they don't always answer the phone or reply to emails, especially from abroad. I have never experienced this problem myself, but read some reports here on the forum. I think it is in fact something Mr. Rother does as a hobby.

I happened to live in Kassel (the town they're based) until a couple of years ago and have been a regular visitor to their office. They don't have an outlet, but I often phoned them in advance, brought cash and picked up the parts directly from their warehouse.

I think it is a good sign that they survived that long with their limited product range and fair prices, and we should probably accept a little delay here and there and be happy they are around at all.
Old 22nd November 2007, 06:56 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Sure, I have never sad anything bad. I understand they have good reputation. Thats why I started this thread in the first place: to find out what to do next. To continue trying, or to give up.
I just have found suspicious that both the phone is busy 0-24 and 4-5 e-mails are unanswered for 10 days and thought they may have got out of the business...
Old 22nd November 2007, 08:30 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to jacco vermeulen
A few years ago i visited Kassel and spoke with Mr Rother for a couple of hours, topics ranging from internet sales to world economics.
I've ordered parts from Schuro from day 1, before the internet he advertised in a couple of German magazines.
Before that, i've ordered parts from someone Mr Rother is/was associated with.

Just a repeat :
These online part sources are very small businesses.
Schuro is just a 2d level appartment in a Kassel center street, the woman who did the packaging when i visited did not even speak proper German.
Same story overhere, i live a 5 minute drive from BMM. last time i went there was about a year ago to sort out an order made by an Aussie diyA member.
Also an upper level home, partly converted to warehouse, and also a sideshow for the guy who is running it.
Exact same routine with some online vendors in the US and other places.

Language is the main issue, i rarely have problems because i can write an email, fax, or pick up the phone and talk to someone in their native tongue.
My communication with Schuro has always been swift and effortless, with excellent service : in German.
My advice for gents abroad, who would like to order parts from Schuro, would be to send emails in German.
You do not need to learn foreign languages from an early age like me, there are plenty online translators on the web.

Hide this!Advertise here!