Schuro

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

Thanks everybody for the infos. I was actually giving my brothers address in Germany as the shipping address so it's not the "foreign" order... but I wrote in English.
I'll try to fax them an order in German, although am not very good at German...

Schuro is not unreliable in the sence that you pay for something you never get, or pay for high quality parts and get junk. It's just that they don't always answer the phone or reply to emails, especially from abroad. I have never experienced this problem myself, but read some reports here on the forum. I think it is in fact something Mr. Rother does as a hobby.

I happened to live in Kassel (the town they're based) until a couple of years ago and have been a regular visitor to their office. They don't have an outlet, but I often phoned them in advance, brought cash and picked up the parts directly from their warehouse.

I think it is a good sign that they survived that long with their limited product range and fair prices, and we should probably accept a little delay here and there and be happy they are around at all.

Sure, I have never sad anything bad. I understand they have good reputation. Thats why I started this thread in the first place: to find out what to do next. To continue trying, or to give up.
I just have found suspicious that both the phone is busy 0-24 and 4-5 e-mails are unanswered for 10 days and thought they may have got out of the business...

A few years ago i visited Kassel and spoke with Mr Rother for a couple of hours, topics ranging from internet sales to world economics.
I've ordered parts from Schuro from day 1, before the internet he advertised in a couple of German magazines.
Before that, i've ordered parts from someone Mr Rother is/was associated with.

Just a repeat :
These online part sources are very small businesses.
Schuro is just a 2d level appartment in a Kassel center street, the woman who did the packaging when i visited did not even speak proper German.
Same story overhere, i live a 5 minute drive from BMM. last time i went there was about a year ago to sort out an order made by an Aussie diyA member.
Also an upper level home, partly converted to warehouse, and also a sideshow for the guy who is running it.
Exact same routine with some online vendors in the US and other places.

Language is the main issue, i rarely have problems because i can write an email, fax, or pick up the phone and talk to someone in their native tongue.
My communication with Schuro has always been swift and effortless, with excellent service : in German.
My advice for gents abroad, who would like to order parts from Schuro, would be to send emails in German.
You do not need to learn foreign languages from an early age like me, there are plenty online translators on the web.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.