DJ MIXER: EQ Rotary Pot Replacement

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,

New here and loving this site.

Ive got a Stanton SMX-301 DJ Mixer, its been thrashed around a bit and the EQ rotary pots are starting to fail.

So i disassembled the whole thing and tried to clean/grease the pots which didnt really help at all, especially since contact cleaner seemed to dry them out :bigeyes: .

I have called around and found i can get replacement pots for about $11 each plus postage but i think these are from Stanton themselves and i am somewhat dubious of the people that quoted me.

There are 9 in total to replace, so going to cost me over $100 ... i can get a new behringer 2 channel mixer for $160, but it seems like a waste throwing away the stanton :xeye:

The pots have 6 legs and a indent for centre, how would i go about testing them to find out their impedence range etc?

I want to try find cheaper replacements, or do you think i should just go out and buy the new mixer??

Thanks

:D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.