New 10u/16V WIMA film caps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New 10u/16V WIMA film caps

Magura said:

Oh, you have problems loading those pics as well?

Magura :bawling:

nope there is edit editeditttteddddddddddd

mks2_xl_22.jpg

AKN

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Finally..

Hi,

Nigel,
I know what Wima cap you mean, the axial one dipped in black.
Capacitor was very common in old tube amps and radios.
Terrible cap, if present you'd better replace them all as they would all fail sooner or later.
I have been looking for a picture on the net of the cap in question, no success so far.
It would be nice if someone could post a pic of the cap in question.

Hi,

Just recently almost two years later I stumbled over the dreadful black Wima cap.
Anyone recognize these? :)

Attachments

• black_wima.jpg
    black_wima.jpg
    546.9 KB · Views: 371
My 'World of Trust' safe browsing Firefox plug-in throws big red warnings about that site. Anyone browsing with IE in the usual Windows administrator account; tread with care.

Please dot pass on wrong information. This is a very very important cause with a 100% genuine cause to rid the world of drugs and the harmful effect they have on society as a whole. The site is 100% official and totally legit, contains no viruses and will cause no harm to any computer on which it is viewed.

Think, what kind of world would you want your kids to grow up in? This one? Or maybe a better one where kids aren't forced to take Ritalin and Heroin addicts aren't breaking into your house to steal your Hi-Fi. I know this world is far from perfect and given the choice and power to change it Im sure I'm not alone in my desire to do something about it. For now all I can do is support positive causes like this and spread the world by having a simple link in my DIYA sig. It is the very small minority who support drugs. A minority who have to justify what they are doing.

EDIT: Please could you post a link whee I can download this 'World of Trust' plug-in. Thanks :)

Last edited:
this one is pretty dimunitive:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Those are awesome, Jack.

I'm getting audio wood just looking at them..

oh oh. reading the last page now....discontinued?

Do they have a replacement line in the up-and-coming mix?

oh. They are polyester. And thus endedth the wood.

Bummer.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hi all, I got hold of the very last batch of 22 uF 16V of these series. They were discontinued months ago because of shortage of raw materials used in these caps.

As a bonus I am charged a ridiculous fee for administration costs. If you are interested please send me a PM. They will be 6,50 Euro/piece ex shipping. These are the smallest real capacitors in 5 mm pitch worldwide. Pricey but worth the money (BG was so too).

I understand the "they're polyester" comment but they do sound very good, better than any electrolytic cap any way (except for BG N/NX). I have used the 4.7 and 10 uF for quite some time now and I like them a lot. An ideal replacement for electrolytic caps in nearly the same form factor.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.