Prower transistor replacements

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have an OLD DENON integrated amp (DM300). Distortion on one side. Someone's been in there and replace output devices unlike those on other side. I would like to replace with indenicle part (within reason) and having trouble x-reffing them. Output devices = 2577 and ATT02 (both SK)
I found a replacement for the 2577 - 2SC2578(NPN 140v, 7A, 70W) but can't find one for the ATT02.
thanx,

Ashley

Japanese transistors always (at least all that I've ever seen) have part numbers like this: A949, C2603, etc.. That is to say, a letter followed by 3-4 numbers, sometimes with an additional letter following the part no. to indicate other parameters (2SB649A, 2SD600K, etc.).
The ATT02 is really A1102 (this is the complement to C2577).
The complement to C2578 is A1103.
Very useful site: http://www.datasheetarchive.com

Those transistors are probably obsolete and no longer produced by the original manufacturer, and this means that you are probably going to get fakes, rebranded parts or sub-standard stuff if you buy them (including NTE replacements). Look for modern transistors having similar parameters. Sanken and Toshiba will have nice substitutes. You can try to find threads discussing output transistors with the search engine, there is plenty of info on models and sources.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.